Transportation Coordinator (2)
The Day and Night Transportation Coordinators report directly to the Guest Relations Manager, and are responsible for the execution of all shuttle and on-call ground transportation systems serving the Festival, Artist Programs and Points North Forum taking place during CIFF (Sept 13 – 16). We’re looking for candidates who are focused, organized, and have great driving and people skills. Strong preference to applicants local to Midcoast Maine area. The role includes managing volunteers and meeting and welcoming members of the industry. The Camden International Film Festival runs September 13 – 16, 2018 in Camden, Rockport and Rockland, ME.
There are two shifts, day and night; we are seeking one transportation coordinator for each shift. The day shift runs 8am-5pm; the night shift runs 4pm-1am.
Timeframe and Commitment:
- September 13 – 16: 8am to 5pm or 4pm to 1am
- Act as transportation captain for a fleet of 4 shuttles for VIP guests and filmmakers
- Manage a crew of volunteer drivers (up to 4 drivers at a time)
- Onboard new volunteer drivers and coordinate volunteer schedules
- Handle guest requests as they come in
- Dispatch volunteer drivers in an effective and timely manner
- Coordinate with Guest Relations Manager on all special guest requests
- Drive shuttles as necessary (night shift coordinator should expect to drive regularly)
- Act as an ambassador for CIFF and Points North Institute at all times
- Communicate with guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Valid Driver’s License
- No major traffic violations in the last 3 years
- Safe, conservative driving skills
- Ability to drive a 15-passenger or 7-passenger van with ease
- Maintain a calm presence in dynamic, fast-paced, request-heavy environment
- Have the capacity to take direction and delegate responsibilities as needed
- Great communication skills with guests, volunteers and CIFF staff
- Ability to relay critical information to CIFF guests and attendees
- Knowledge of the Midcoast Maine area
- Previous film festival or large event experience
- Interest in documentary film
We are accepting applications for this position until the position is filled. Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] In your cover letter, please outline why you are interested in working for Points North Institute and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Points North Institute is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.