Aging In Maine

CIFF’s 2015 Aging in Maine screening tour is bringing award-winning documentary films and discussions to more than twenty different communities between April and July.

The tour is part of a two-year program sponsored by Camden National Bank, bringing together nonprofit leaders, healthcare professionals and community leaders from across the state to explore aging-related issues. By screening films that offer important insights about aging-related issues, our aim is to spark a public, intergenerational dialogue about the challenges and opportunities of Maine’s aging demographics.

This is year two of Aging in Maine! The 2014 Aging in Maine screening tour reached 18 different communities and included over 20 different screenings, many of which were free and open to the public. That tour grew out out of our collaboration with Working Films, a national media advocacy organization, which brought non-profit leaders and healthcare professionals together. The goal: to implement strategies for using film as a catalyst for discussion and cooperation. Since then, CIFF has worked alongside these organizations to develop the 2015 screening tour.

Our sincere thanks to the Fledgling Fund, Camden National Bank, the Maine Arts Commission, the Pen Bay Healthcare Foundation and the Bingham Program for their support, which is making this tour possible. We hope you will catch one or more of these screenings throughout the state:

Screenings:

Tue, April 14 – Holiday Inn by the Bay, Portland, in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association – Maine Chapters’ 2015 Statewide Educational Conference — A MARRIAGE TO REMEMBER and KINDRED

Sun, May 3 at 3 p.m. – Lincoln Theater, Damariscotta– AGE OF CHAMPIONS

Wed, May 13 at 1 p.m. – Witherle Memorial Library, Castine, in partnership with the Thriving in Place program of Healthy Peninsula–Living with Alzheimer’s shorts

Fri, May 15 at 12:30 p.m. – Fort Fairfield Community Center, Fort Fairfield, in partnership with Cary Medical Center, AAA of Northern New England and the Fort Fairfield Chamber of Commerce–OLD PEOPLE DRIVING

Sat, May 16  at 10 a.m. – Chan Center at Cary Medical Center, Caribou, in partnership with Cary Medical Center’s Healthy You Program–AGE OF CHAMPIONS

Tues, May 19 at 9:30 a.m.; discussion at 10:30 a.m. – Northern Maine Community College Wellness Center, Presque Isle, as part of the Aging Well, Living Well Expo, in partnership with the Aroostook Area Agency on Aging–YOU’RE LOOKING AT ME LIKE I LIVE HERE AND I DON’T

Tues, May 19 at 12:30 p.m. – Penobscot Bay YMCA, Rockport, in partnership with the Penobscot Bay YMCA–ALIVE INSIDE

Tues, May 19 at 7:00 p.m. – Gracie Theatre at Husson University, Bangor, in partnership with Bangor YMCA and the Community Care and Geriatrics Division of Penobscot Community Health CareALIVE INSIDE

Thurs, May 21 at 7:00 p.m. – U Maine Center on Aging, University of Maine, Orono, in partnership with the University of Maine Center on Aging–AGE OF CHAMPIONS, THE CARETAKER, A MARRIAGE TO REMEMBER

Fri, May 22 , 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Cross Insurance Center, Bangor, as part of the Senior Expo, in partnership with Eastern Area Agency on Aging and Bangor Daily News–Living with Alzheimer’s shorts, AGE OF LOVE, PRISON TERMINAL, AGE OF CHAMPIONS

Sat, May 30, 9:00 a.m. – Strand Cinema, Skowhegan, in partnership with Somerset Public Health, Kennebec Behavioral Health, Redington Fairview General Hospital, Maine General Health, Spectrum Generations, United Way of Mid Maine, Hospice Volunteers of Somerset County,the Maine Hospice Council and the Jackman School Community Leadership Team–ALIVE INSIDE

Sun, May 31, 2:00 p.m. – Center Theatre, Dover-Foxcroft, in partnership with the Charlotte White Center–OLD PEOPLE DRIVING,YOU’RE LOOKING AT ME LIKE I LIVE HERE AND I DON’T, MY LITTLE FRIENDS, SLOMO, DE ‘MEM’BUNCE(THE REMEMBRANCE)

Sat, June 20 at 6:30 p.m. – Augusta Colonial Theater, Augusta, in partnership with Home Resilience experiential installation, screenings of the short films THE CARETAKER and  DE ‘MEM’BUNCE(THE REMEMBRANCE), and A HOME FOR WOMEN, followed by Q&A

Tues, June 30 at 6:00 p.m. – Blue Hill Library, Blue Hill, in partnership with the Thriving in Place program of Healthy Peninsula–YOU’RE LOOKING AT ME LIKE I LIVE HERE AND I DON’T

Tues, July 21 at 12:30 p.m. – Rockport, in partnership with the Penobscot Bay YMCA–AGE OF CHAMPIONS