POINTS NORTH FELLOWSHIP
The Points North Fellowship is a unique opportunity for six filmmakers (or filmmaking teams) to accelerate the development of their feature-length documentary projects through a combination of funding, focused mentorship, workshops, industry meetings and a public pitch session at the Camden International Film Festival.
The Points North Fellowship includes:
- A $2,000 grant (sponsored by Chicago Media Project and an individual donor)
- (2) All Access passes to the Camden International Film Festival
- (5) nights of accommodations for two during the festival
- (1) round trip flight to Maine, plus local transportation
- (2) tickets to the Cinema Eye Honors award ceremony and invitations to the
- CIFF-sponsored Nominees Party (January 2016)
- (2) nights of accommodations in NYC
We will be accepting submissions for the Points North Fellowship in mid-April.
Points North gave my documentary, The Sensitives, the kind of introduction to the industry that filmmakers dream of. Not only was it the conduit for relationships with broadcasters, funders, and colleagues that continue to this day but also an otherwise impossible chance for honest feedback and discussion from the who’s-who of documentary institutions.
The Points North program helped us to distill the essence of my film into the powerful and engaging pitch needed to get funders, distributors, and broadcasters to pay attention. Through their workshop and practice sessions, we were able to fashion a key that opened these locks.
The Points North Fellowship launched not just our documentary project, but us as filmmakers, for the long term. My team got to sit down and really talk with major broadcasters and funders, festival programmers as well as drink beer with some of the filmmakers we admire most in the world. I feel like I am now officially part of this bigger documentary community. Camden might be a small town, but CIFF is doing BIG things for film!