THE SHOTWELL DRIVE-IN
Welcome to our newest adventure, The Shotwell Drive-In!
Located conveniently just off of Route 1 in Rockport, we will be hosting a few films per month and using the theater as a venue for the 2020 festival. Space is limited – all screenings are pre-registration. We are working with the Film Festival Alliance to ensure we follow the best safety precautions as we begin to have in-person events. Detailed instructions will be emailed to ticket holders before the each event.
Tickets cost $20 per vehicle and get you in to see great films in a community gathering. Most of our screenings will have concessions available on site!
Protocol and Safety
Social Distancing Policies
- Please wear a mask at the Drive-In whenever you are outside your vehicle. We will have extra masks available onsite in case you forget yours!
- Please do your best to keep at least six feet apart whenever outside your vehicle.
- There will be bathrooms onsite. Please do not join the line until you have called the provided Bathroom Phone Line and been invited. There will be a waitlist (but we aren’t anticipating long wait times).
- There will be food/concessions available onsite for purchase before the film. You will have the option to either have food brought to your car or to stand in socially distanced lines.
- Please enjoy the film from inside your vehicle.
Drive-In Safety Protocols
- We will begin letting vehicles into the lot one hour before the scheduled start time.
- The Drive-In grounds are uneven! Please minimize the time spent outside your vehicle and be cautious when walking, especially once the sun has set.
- No refunds or exchanges. If you won’t be able to use your reservation, we recommend giving it to a friend!
- For safety reasons, no vehicles will be admitted once the screening has begun.
- Due to our parking lot arrangement, no vehicle may back into a space — All vehicles must face forward.
- Large or tall vehicles will be guided towards the sides or the back of the lot.
- The decision to direct your car to a specific space is at the discretion of the lot staff.
- Once parked, please do not drive away until instructed by event staff. Call the General Information Phone Line to reach a staffer if you must leave for an emergency during the event.
- All films are broadcast and can be heard in your car using your FM Radio (channel 98.3). There are no loudspeakers. The frequency will be provided again at check in.
- If your car is not equipped with a radio, you can bring your own! You will not be able to tune into the signal with a smartphone.
- No engine idling. Engine exhaust will affect the safety of others. If running your car radio, please DO run your engine a couple of times during the film to refresh your battery, but for no more than one minute.
- We will have jumper cables on hand if you need a jump start after the film. Staff will assist you once the lot has cleared.
- Some vehicles cannot run their radios without turning headlamps off. Staff will have black plastic and painter’s tape to cover your headlamps, or you can provide your own.
- In the event of a rain forecast, we will announce an event cancellation by 1:00pm on the day of the event. Your ticket may be used for the rescheduled rain date (24 hours later).
- In the event of rain during the movie, please shelter in your car. Cars will not be allowed to exit the lot until it is safe to do so, and only under the direction of Drive-In staff.
- When the film has ended, please keep your vehicle in park until directed to exit by our Drive-In staff.
Contact our general information phone line at: (207) 975-6096 or email us at: [email protected]