Donors ($1000+) are invited to join us for a special evening on July 16.
Help us build a Drive-In Theater so our community can gather to celebrate storytelling!
Inaugural Drive-In Committee
$25,000+: Executive Producer
$10,000 – $24,999: Producer
$5,000 – $9,999: Director
Annual Donors contributing $5000 or greater will also be recognized as Inaugural Drive-In Committee Members. They are vital supporters of the Points North Institute. Additional donor benefits listed below.
A Drive-In Theater?
On July 16, the Camden International Film Festival, CIFF, will revive the magic of a drive-in theater at 40 West Street in Rockport – the old Rockport Elementary School site. This will serve as a venue for community screenings throughout the summer and for CIFF 2020 (October 1-12). Building a drive-in theater is complicated and expensive, but with your support we can do it and remain true to our mission of supporting filmmakers, amplifying the voices of nonfiction storytellers at this moment of inflection, and giving back to the community with our programs.
There has never been a better time to reinvent the drive-in theater. Our team is working tirelessly to make it happen. Your support will lay the foundation for a true community endeavor. We hope you agree that this is exactly what we need right now: a safe way to gather in celebration of storytelling.
Donor Benefits 2020
$500 – $999: Sustainer
• One pass to the virtual CIFF (October 1-12)
$1000 – $2499: Patron
• All above, plus one pass to the Inaugural Drive-In event (July 16)
$2499 – $4999: Bronze
• All above benefits, plus Priority Access to all CIFF events (October 1-12)
• Full summer pass to all official CIFF drive-in screenings (July, August, September)
$5000 – $9999: Silver Supporter of CIFF – Director of the Drive-In Theater 2020 – Inaugural Committee Member
• All above benefits, plus a pass to all CIFF Drive-In screenings (October)
• Special recognition at the Drive-In Theater as an Inaugural Committee Member
$10,000 – $24,999: Gold Supporter of CIFF – Producer of the Drive-In Theater 2020 – Inaugural Committee Member
• All above benefits, plus your choice of two seats for all screenings at the Camden Opera House during CIFF’s Opening Weekend (Backstage Pass)
• Additional pass for the Inaugural Drive-In event (July 16) so you can share it with a friend or with a community member you’d like to honor
• Special picnic basket for Inaugural Drive-In event
• Additional pass for all Drive-In screenings during CIFF (October) so you can share it with a friend or with a community member you’d like to honor
$25,000+: Platinum Supporter of CIFF – Executive Producer of the Drive-In Theater 2020 – Inaugural Committee Member
• All above benefits, plus two additional reserved seats for all screenings at the Camden Opera House during CIFF (Backstage Pass)
What is the Camden International Film Festival?
Each fall, the Camden International Film Festival (CIFF) brings the most adventurous new nonfiction films from around the world to the coast of Maine. CIFF champions creative and cinematic approaches to telling real, vital, and timely stories. The festival is one of the country’s largest documentary industry gatherings and an influential platform for discovering new talent, providing financial support and mentorship for 60+ documentary filmmakers each year. CIFF will celebrate its 16th edition from October 1-12, 2020.
2018 HOST COMMITTEE
Gail Catharine & John Bertuzzi
Keith & Mary Collins
Ann & Dick Costello
Mazie Cox & Brinkley Thorne
Tamara & Robin Lloyd
Emily & Jonathan McDevitt
Elizabeth Noble & Colin Page
Gayle & David Noble
Liv Rockefeller & Ken Shure
Polly Saltonstall & John Hanson
SUPPORT THE ANNUAL FUND
The Summer Preview Party is our only fundraiser, and there are three ways to show your support:
1) If you’re interested in making a contribution to Points North / CIFF, please support our Annual Fund.
Donations of $500 or more receive tickets to the Summer Preview Party and All Access passes to the 2018 Camden International Film Festival.
Supporters giving $2500 or more become part of the “Bronze Antler” herd – hosts of the Summer Preview Party. See our Donor Benefits graph for full details.
2) To attend the Summer Preview Party only, you can buy tickets online.
Tickets are $125 per person and include admission to AfterDark.
3) To attend AfterDark only, purchase your tickets here.
AfterDark begins at 9:00pm. Tickets are $15 each. Tickets are limited and available online only — no walk ups. Get yours before they sell out!
George & Susan Schreiber
J.P. & Kaki Smith
Marianne & Stuart Smith
Ron Stern & Elisse Walter
Wendy & Bob Weiler
Rufus & Susan Williams
Tina Wolter & Geoff Duyk
Lucinda Ziesing & Des FitzGerald